• info@internationalpoliceexpo.com
  • (+91) 7533018555
  • 19th - 20th July, 2019

Police is blaming after North and standoff

Date: 01-11-18

A 63-year-old Superior man was taken into custody Monday evening by members of the Superior Police Department Emergency Response Team after pointing a handgun at his wife and adult daughter, according to a news release issued by the Superior Police Department.

On Monday at 3:49 p.m., officers were dispatched to a residence in the 700 block of Hammond Avenue. The Douglas County Emergency Communications Center received a 911 call that a man had pointed a handgun at his wife and adult daughter.

Officers arrived and established a perimeter. The Superior Police Department Emergency Response Team, Crisis Negotiation Team and Tactical Technology Team were called out.

The Emergency Response Team made use of the department’s armored vehicle, commonly known as an MRAP (Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected), to get right up to the door of the apartment, allowing the Tactical Technology Team to deploy a robot to enter the apartment and locate the man after verbal commands to surrender were ignored.

The Crisis Negotiation Team negotiated with the man through the microphone and speaker system on the robot. The man eventually agreed to surrender. During the surrender procedure, a Taser was deployed after the man did not follow commands.

The man was taken into custody at 6:47 p.m. It was raining when the man was taken out of his apartment, which is why he was covered with a sheet while on an ambulance cot. He was transported to St. Mary’s Hospital in Superior for a jail clearance exam and eventually lodged in the Douglas County Jail.

The man was slightly injured from a fall when the Taser was deployed.

Social media reports from onlookers following the incident claiming that the man had either been shot or shot himself are not true, according to Assistant Police Chief Matt Markon.

A handgun was located in the apartment and seized as evidence.

The man’s wife and daughter who reported this incident were not injured, nor were any officers. The police department is requesting charges of endangering safety by the use of a dangerous weapon and disorderly conduct in connection with the incident.

Markon said alcohol use was a factor in this incident.

Source: superiortelegram.com